This isn't really a tutorial, since there are so few steps, but it's a fun and easy project!
Here are the headbands I started out with. One is an ancient VERY polyester satin scarf tie headband, the other an impulse buy from the Target $1 area a few springs ago.
Tear the headband apart, pick and and rip the fabric off. I used scissors to start the hole and then just PULLED! They both had what seemed like hot glue on them keeping the fabric on. In this pic you can kind of see the hot glue still left on.
I used scrap pieces from other projects for the fabric. They're the perfect size.
I used a strip about 1 1/2" wider than the widest part of the headband. Using spray adhesive (spray the headband itself), I position and center the fabric on the plastic.
The hot glue shows on the inside, so I could have glued some braid or something on top of it, but I don't care. Ha ha! Nothing shows on the outside, and they're just for me, so I took the easy way out.