Like I said, I'm making my wedding dress and am happy to post pics as we go. The process is taking a while since I'm only working on it at my mom's house on the weekends. My parents live 45 minutes or so away and I've been going out there on Saturdays or Sundays to do the wedding dress and help my mom get ready for the civil war reenacting season. She has a business making historical clothing and is VERY busy this time of year! But it's lots of fun to work on the wedding dress there with her nearby, and get her help on the tricky parts. She is a cutting-out expert.
Anyway, if you want to be surprised when the dress is done, wait till I finish it next month or till August when I can post pics of the wedding!! If not, here's part 2 of the process!!
I assembled the lining of the skirt, gored with 6 panels.
I plan to do self-fabric embellishment with little flowers and all, but still haven't decided if I'll add some lace as well, so I threw some on there to try out also.
Then it was time to assemble the bodice. I did an "interlining," which means I put the lining and fashion fabric (in this case the first layer of the fashion fabric, since I plan to cover it with tulle shirring) together and sew them right sides together. I serged each of the pieces along the long seams before sewing them together so I can insert the boning in the seam allowances. I pulled out my mom's box of corset boning... plastic-covered steel...