Yay, house projects! I got a few of those done over the holidays and am still catching up a little with sharing. ;) Here's a pretty vanity stool I recovered for our bedroom, using some of the velveteen left over from our tufted headboard, making over a $5 Goodwill find.
So, first off, I am seeeeriously kicking myself for not saving a "before" pic--I could have SWORN I took one. Can't find it anywhere. :/ Sorry. But, it looked an awful lot like one of these in materials and style...
Although was in much worse shape. A couple of holes in the vinyl, very dirty and dingy seat bottom, dirty little feet, scarred-up metal. So I took the seat off, washed everything down, spray-painted the metal... bought some new foam for the cushion, recovered the covered button for the tufting, recovered and re-tufted the seat, and put it back on.
It was sooo easy, and now we have a place to sit when putting on our shoes. Love how small and compact it is. And pretty!