Let's talk pumpkins. Alternatives to pumpkin carving, since there are so many fun ideas out there, plus the pros and cons of getting creative with your pumpkins. Since despite all these great ideas (my 9 faves below), I'm still on the fence about the idea. (Terrible pun not intended. Pumpkins on fence. Ha.)
My 9 favorite painted pumpkin ideas!
Now, I've thought a lot about the non-carved pumpkin for Halloween, and obvs there are a lot of cute ideas out there, but I'm honestly not sure I'd ever do it!! I've been thinking about the pros and cons...
Painted Pumpkins Pros:
- They're cute! They can go with your trendy home decor more than a traditional jack-o-lantern
- They're new and different, which I'm always into!
- They're probably different than your neighbors' pumpkins
- If you do chalkboard ones, or if you keep your paint cans out, you can change the message/pattern on them all you want
- You could repaint them and reuse them for Thanksgiving decor, if they don't go bad!
- Decorating them is slightly less messy than carving, but not necessarily less fun!
There are some cons, too.
Painted Pumpkin Cons:
- You can't make roasted pumpkin seeds when you're done
- You probably have to wash the pumpkin really well, right??
- Your husband might be really confused and bummed he doesn't get to carve pumpkins this year (this is a real risk for my tradition-loving hubby)!
- They don't light up! Unless you could get really creative with some Christmas lights or something? But that sounds messy.
Clearly, I'm undecided. I am getting in the holiday mood, though, and ready to get some pumpkins to decorate at least our porch. So how about you weight in. What are your fave pumpkin decorating ideas? Will you always be a carving traditionalist? Have you put as much thought into this as me? ;)
But one thing's for sure for this weekend...BRING ON THE PUMPKIN PATCHES!